View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 09:33   Link #81
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is though : he's too strong compared to what he's allowed to do which make the whole thing a bit ridiculous.
If the guy was slaughtering the Kage along with thousands of fodder left and right, razing villages and playing jump rope with Tsunade's small intestine then all this power would have a point but as it is, he's showing off new high of power every chapter for nothing.
I think it's not for nothing. With his first big move he practically killed the whole army that was present. Only the kages and a few who were around the kages have survived. And then he both lectures the kages and defeats them, so the main purpose of all this in my opinion was to use the army and the kages as a measuring stick for Madara's power. And also to introduce his character. Because Kishi with this "war" has run out of villains that are good enough to be the villains of the next arc, since both Kabuto and Tobi have failed and also shown us their special abilities. And as usual in such shonen manga, the next arc will have to have stronger enemies. Madara is such an enemy. My expectation was that Tobi and Madara will somehow merge (i expected Tobi to bring back Madara with either Edo-Tensei or his rinnegan), since Madara's character is too boring to be a final villain and Tobi is too weak to be it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote