View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 00:44   Link #903
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzhul View Post
And thus it always comes down on what you WANT to happen... Key leaves it up to you to decide the ending.. they've become quite good at it actually, look at Angel Beats
SPOILER ALERT: ANGEL BEATS!
The ending showed everyone reincarnating, which left you very sad for the male protagonist (the names escape me, been many years since i've seen it) because he finally realized he loved the girl known as Angel and wanted to stay with her, and upon hearing that she was able to reincarnate... Leaving the main character no choice but to move on and reincarnate himself... It was a sad ending, however, after the credits you hear a new female character humming the same song that Angel always used to hum, and you then see the main character chasing after her. <-- again you decide if he catches her or not and if it ended happily.
Similar events occured in Kanon <-- really damn sad in my opinion, Clannad, and pretty much EVERY anime Key has ever released...
While we're on the topic!!! Who's excited for the upcoming release of the LB anime?! and also, how long do you think it will take for a dubbed release?
Well personally I thought the ending for Angel Beats wasn't as interpret-it-the-way-you-want" compared to Clannad and LB. They both get reincarnated and meet in real life, happy ending That song "My Song" only existed in that alternative world, both of them recognize it plus they look similar.

As for the LB anime. First impression from the trailer was the characters look different, especially their eyes. It is still uncertain how they will tell the story, how they are gonna handle each arc in addition to the main arc. The VN itself is even longer than Clannad so I hope they don't rush through LB in just one season. Now that I think about it, two seasons of 24 episodes each is like 4 months of painful weekly episodes, not to mention the delay between the seasons. I really can't stand weekly episodes. >.>
commando is offline   Reply With Quote