View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 20:19   Link #26
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senarious View Post
About araragi's character. I think he thinks of himself worthless. If I remember correctly he said something like "I was very good student and my parents was proud of me". After what happened between he and their parents, for araragi, his self-worth is somewhat lessen. What lies under his stupid heroism is his broken self-esteem. Somehow he makes me remember Suzaku from early episodes of Code Geass.
I think it's just your typical teenage rebelliousness, he said himself that he'd never grow up if he stays a mama's boy. Sure his relationship is a bit of a sore spot but compared to the rest of the cast it's nothing.

His grades seem to be quite good, he's hanging out and helping the class rep and they shop for books together. He never avoids eye contact and stands straight, he's not shy and takes the initiative most of the time. There's no hint that he thinks badly of himself. If anything, he's overconfident.

Wich is probably why he's so selfless. I suspect Koyomi acts like he does out of a vague sense of duty. In many cases he's the only one who has both the capacity and desire to help victims of the supernatural. They literally have no one but him.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote