View Single Post
Old 2012-03-12, 16:46   Link #33
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never said they were 31 this year as well. I'm arguing the number isn't fixed, so there were 30 + 1 extra students in 1996 and 29 + 1 extra now in 1998. Do we know how many students there were in Reiko's class?
I don't recall that the number of students in Reiko's class was revealed. But we do know for certain that the Class of 72 originally had 30 students, and was supposed to have just 29 when they graduated. All you have to do is count the students in the graduation photo, shown in Ep6 (at around 14:30), for example.

Also, in Ep6, check the numbering of the class roster for the Class of 96, shown at around 17:40. It officially lists 30 students, not 31.

Unless, of course, you're claiming that during the time the phenomenon was in effect, there were 31 students, with one name disappearing from the roster once the year is over. Which is possible, I suppose, but it doesn't gel with what I think is supposed to be official number of students in each class, as the school's history seems to suggest.