Old 2008-02-08, 01:15   Link #19410
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Saint X: Had to move posts around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Does Aika really say that...didn't strike me as the Tsun type...
There are a lot of things to learn Boya~ </Evangeline>

just typing in those words is making me shiver- as one of the many people that need to learn more things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
@Thread: Yes, it's possible to do this, as for the second half of Alpha, the TSAB pulls in nearly every capable mage they have on hand, no matter their eccentricities. OFM, Aces, Wolkenritter, Belkaranger, Hotblood, Kamen Riders, whatever they have. This probably results in the kind of fight where you know they're in there, somewhere, but you don't know what they're doing.
SAINT X APPROVES OF THIS PROPOSAL!

Well I'll let you test the waters of cross-overing first, since one of my works (AlternateS II- on hold for probable S4 input) will involve that plus many more- Otome, pilots of various machines, more sentai?, and heck even Negi and his harem gang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Remembered what I was gonna mention.
@Thread: Many characters are going to get hurt in Alpha, and there are some characters that will die... that is, when I decide who (I already have a few listed). If your OC is in a nearly life-ending situation and they get hurt severely to the point where everyone else thinks they died, I will PM and ask for permission. I know a lot of people won't fly with this, so this is why I'm asking

And it's not that hard to substitute a grunt for an OC, but what has more impact? Random Grunt 91273 getting devoured, or, say, Keroko fighting off swarms of enemies before she finally succumbs to fatigue and falls under the Swarm? (Not gonna happen, btw, as I have plans for Keroko... delicious plans XDD).
*noted*

But there is one of my OCs that if she dies, has to be replaced with an another OC (still a WIP though) instantly, since this other OC is the "reality" of the other OC. Or on a bettter note, don't include them first...

*rows gondola faster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
All right, I seem to have landed myself in one of those realms that no one has ever treaded before, and it's proving to be a major canon breaker to me. Anyway, although this should be placed somewhere in the Magic and Technology thread, I thought I'd start a little here before proceeding there because ... uhm, technically speaking, it isn't so much about technology or that stuff than something more ... uh, esoteric.
Finally, someone delving into the esoteric part of the Magic as well...

I'm tuning into your wavelength ATM

I'm all ears/eyes...

Though i'm delving on the Genetic and Mythological part of it...

Quote:
Here's the case (those following on the previous discussion on energy-Mana should be familiar with this premise):

We all know that mages have Linker Cores, organs that store magical energy (Mana) in their body. When a spell is cast, the mage consumes Mana in their body to feed the spell. Since Mana is part of the body's energy reserves, using up a lot of it in powerful spellcasting affects the mage's physiological health (strain). Some spells, like Starlight Breaker, utilizes the mage's own Mana to collect free Mana from the atmosphere to charge the spell. Mana Conversion Affinity simply converts the mage's own reserves into physical energy. That's the gist of it.
The basic function that is...

Quote:
Now, what I'm proposing is that since mages typically use up their own Mana reserves, there are some observable signs that relate to an individual mage. The first would be the color of their aura (i.e. spell sigil). This color is unique for a particular mage, but it isn't a strong indication since closely-related colors can be subject to a person's perception.

but to me, color is determined by either the person's alignment (against the so-called life/fate stream) or genetics...

Quote:
A second sign (which is, admittedly, probably the most difficult to understand) is the mage's disposition when casting the particular spell. That is, the intention of the mage him or herself. The intention does not alter how a particular spell would end up as (i.e. a healing spell will generally heal and not destroy), but it changes what the spell feels like.

Again, healing spells heal, but depending on the mage, the feeling can be different (i.e. Shamal's healing spell is gentle, warm, and relaxing; another mage's healing spell gives an entirely different feeling that is distinguishable, but generally unnoticed). The same goes for offensive spells (i.e. Nanoha's attacks almost always feel powerful, strong, and intensely passionate; Fate's probably determined, wild, and bursting with energy like lightning). If their intention changes, so does the 'feeling' (although, I must stress again that it would not cause a damaging spell to not damage at all).
Feeling and intent go hand in hand in the creation of a spell- that is what i mostly learned from other things. A sudden change in feeling or intent will change a spell's effects completely IMO.

Quote:
The purpose of the distinction, in any case, need not relate directly to canon. I mean, I understand that it sounds rather far-fetched (ridiculous even ), so this is rather a plot device to enhance the storyline. I made this up just to differentiate between Mana and Elements (Templars' version of magic fuel). The latter draws powers from the lands, so the feeling is more elemental than intentional (i.e. Sharazad's wave attack 'feels' like 'an entire ocean raging against her', or something like that).

Well, that's just it. I mention it in advance so as to see whether it's "conceivable" or not. If it is, it's good for me . If it isn't, I have a retcon ready.

P/S: Won't be around for a reply until Monday.
Hmm.. but there is a sort of loophole/weakness, concerning the "land's feelings/intent"

True that one may have mastery of the "land", but it brings up the concern of that land being unresponsive- a sort of "Nature strikes back" thing.

Not much substance for my replies though... sorry if they don't fill up...

@ Lowe

I've managed to find a toned-down package to answer your "Amuse us" question.

Spoiler for Toned Down Crack, I think...:

PM me for the real crack...