View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 15:21   Link #98
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
I think this war has exposed the biggest lies told in the series

Every generation does not surpass the previous, the only one to do that has been narutos generation with kakashis. The 3rd hokage isn't the strongest ninja to ever live, the so6p did in fact exist, and there has never been a kid younger then 12 year old naruto and stronger then pts kakashi. Oddly enough all of this misinformation came from kakashi. Ppl should stop taking what he says as gospel, and consider the fact what he says is usually wrong
true, but it's based on interpretation. the argument could be made that the lesson means that the brightest students surpass their masters. I never took it to mean that all ninja of a generation surpass the previous one. for instance, I'm sure nobody thought kiba would ever surpass kakashi or something like that. It's a lesson that is correct most of the time, but you're right about particular ninja like madara and hashirama being so built up lately which I like, but it does expose some flaws in the lesson since nobody but naruto and sasuke could surpass them now leaving a large generational gap. also, the 3rd has been severely lowered since the first part like you said. the ET retcon took care of him pretty much since at one point we were certainly made to believe that he could fight 2 previous kages and orochimaru at once. now he wouldnt even come close to beating hashirama one on one. I wouldnt call kakashi's words lies though, there were just a handful of exceptions to his lesson. it's correct most of the time that a master will have a student who surpasses him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote