View Single Post
Old 2007-08-17, 01:53   Link #213
Echoes

I think there are valid points on both sides of this debate, and that's what makes KgnE such an excellent series. Being in a coma for three years, of course things are going to change, but from from Haruka's perspective, she's barely been gone.
Whether Takayuki should have dated anyone while she was in a coma, or how long he should have waited if the answer to the former is yes are not easy questions to answer. In reality, I think it's hard to hold back, especially considering he had no idea if she would ever wake up at all, and I don't blame him for getting involved with someone else.

I'm not blaming Mitsuki for Haruka being hospitalized, though. I don't think anyone can seriously hold that conviction, it was all coincidences, and you might as well say that Takayuki was responsible for being late, or that Haruku should have picked another spot to wait at. No one's to blame, except possibly the driver of the car, since I don't know the details regarding the crash I can't even say that for sure.

My decision for Haruka for partially based on my liking of her character, her circumstances and partially because I didn't approve of all of Mitsuki's actions. I have no problem with the ending, though, I did like Mitsuki as well, but I felt immensely sorry for Haruku, especially the scene where she tells him that she'd like to part with him with a smile. *wipes tears*
Haruka seemed to recover and lead a successful life, though, so she had a partial happy ending. I'd have trouble coming to terms with the time lost, not to mention all the people that'd have outgrown me. I'm sure Akane was a great support and key player in Haruka's recovery.

That should be more than enough ranting on my part. Cheers.