View Single Post
Old 2003-12-29, 17:59   Link #9
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Ordered by obviousness:

In politics...
1) No weapons of mass destruction will be found anywhere.
2) Martial law will be declared in Iraq.
3) Bush will be defeated by a Dean/Clark double threat... or will he? My crystal ball is fuzzy. It does seem clear, though, that Bush will mysteriously win Florida in the official count, even though exit polls will show Dean winning Florida by 70%.
4) Ralph Nader will get hit in the face with a pie. Again.

In anime...
1) Bottle Fairy will have a sequel.
2) Yotsuba To! will become an anime.
3) ADV will do a horrible job dubbing Azumanga, butchering what will later be remembered as one of the best, genre-pioneering anime of the early 21st century.
4) In the fall, Naruto will be officially renamed Naruto Z.
5) The end of Tsukihime is going to be good. The end of Gunslinger Girl will be awesome.

On the Interweb...
1) The AnimeSuki forums and website will go down again.
2) JAppi will get banned from AnimeSuki. This will spawn a gigantic forum drama where a bunch of people leave and attempt to hijack the IRC channel.
3) A major website will get Hacked By Brazil.
4) Microsoft's plan to integrate DRM and Office into Longhorn will spawn a task force aimed at making free Linux usable for the average Joe by 2005. They will use the Knoppix LiveCD technology, except attempting to make it a Windows clone.
5) 5chan will be even bigger than 4chan.
6) Someone will get hold of the source picture for my avatar. I will have to change my avatar.

In sports...
1) Neither the Red Sox nor the Cubs will win the World Series.

In religion...
1) That crazy "God hates Fags" guy will die, and leave behind a diary describing his secret homosexual tendencies.
2) Islam will grow in the United States. Much drama will be thrown around.
2b) Some Muslim will attempt to take advantage of Bush's "faith-based initiative", which was intended to be used by Christians only. Much drama will be thrown around.

Last edited by Shii; 2003-12-29 at 20:50.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote