View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 18:42   Link #286
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
Actually, what I was trying to say is (and I think Elo is trying the same) that fractured and broken bones kind of leave medical marks; marks that can be visible by medical scans even after they heal completely or partially. So when Sally said he had 200 or so broken bones, she might have been saying he has suffered from so many fractures over the course of his life.
Ah, I see what you're saying- makes sense. I'm wondering if this is one of those cases of bad translation in the dub that were numerous throughout and changed the meanings of many many lines... it's too bad no sub was ever available other than the dubtitles, with direct translations of all the lines.
Quote:
Wait, where is it given that Quatre and Trowa ARE making suits O_O???!!
In the summary it's said that they're 'involved' in a rough and dirty translation, I believe. I'll have to check again to see the exact wording given..
Quote:
The Latin part is most probably fandom (don't know about the Russian one yet) but Trowa being 4 year old is ambiguous; at least to me anyways. I will check on it later this week, if I get time.
Where did anyone say he was 4 years old and when...? The age for him in Episode Zero at least is taken from the year in which the chapter takes place (every E0 chapter has a year marking it), but any flashbacks can only be guesstimated- same with his EW appearance, although the fact that he's wearing Midii's pendant in that scene means it must take place between the time they met and the time they parted, which was within a year's time if not less- so, same dates as his E0 chapter.

Apart from his age when he met Midii, though, no dates can really be known for him, except birthyear (AC 180), since his data always gives his age as the same as the other boys.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote