View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 10:05   Link #1311
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
If anything, a girl's death is a lot more complex than Orochimaru who merely wanted to become the most powerful shinobi in the world.
But there is a reason behind Oro wanting to do this. The way Orochimaru actually phrased his goal was "discovering the truth about the world". In the context in which it was said, I interpreted it to mean realizing the meaning of life, and the true essence of everything(jutsu, elements, chemistry, biology, etc.), which is indeed what many scientists strive for.

Keeping in mind Kishimoto's message about socialization in this story, Oro's goal is no doubt related to all the death he experienced in the ninja war, and more importantly his parent's death as per his conversation with Sarutobi in front of his parent's grave when they found the snake skin representing good luck and reincarnation.

From these experiences, Oro has apparently become a very cynical, jaded, and obviously psychotic character who fervently wants to escape what he describes as "the fragility of human existence", which he is all too familiar with. I don't think any of the character's goals in this story are terribly complex; any one of them can probably be reduced to one sentence. However, that doesn't necessarily do them justice(not even Obito's), especially if you're exploring underlying reasons. With that said, I don't see Oro's goal anymore simple than Obito's thus far, and everyone's catalyst for psychosis in this story can be backtracked to ninja society.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote