View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 04:13   Link #35
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well even having a strong team needs a strong story to back it up....What's Love Live about...
Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I always thought it has anything to do with the history reenact process, doesn't it?
Right train of thought and correct for the most part. Here's a super tl;dr version.
Spoiler for Flashback context:

A bit extreme when just taken without all the details I would imagine (or maybe not for people who read spoilers for certain future character), but it is quite touching in a simple way with the text (ok a little bit guro-ish too). I will translate the flashback passage later on this week if I see nobody else does it (it's really short anyway, but I won't be held responsible if I end up spending the time on GW2 or some random mystery novel I find).

As for what happened in the end (just for completion's sake), Gin forfeited because Futayo was defeating her similarly to how Muneshige did in the past. If Futayo cut off her arms too, then Gin would have to acknowledge that Futayo's on the rank/level of Muneshige, something she absolutely refused to admit (my husband strongest!) so she disconnected her own arms instead and forfeited. The anime seriously did a splendid job with that flashback in the ED (since it's actually a mix of 2 scenes), I believe Ono really wanted to add that in so he let someone else do the storyboard instead for the episode and helped out with the key animation. I think it's cool that anime viewers can still interpret it mostly correctly without a single spoken dialogue. Oh, the entire battle BGM at the last part is Gin's special BGM.

Random bits at the end:
  • Hironaka is stronger than Shiro (by a fair amount too) if you actually paid attention to the episode. There's really not enough credit given to this guy due to Shiro's massive stylish points.
  • If you also paid attention to the entire sequence of the last fight, I hope you can properly appreciate how mucher strong Muneshige is comapre to Futayo because in the flashback he just used some random crappy sword only.
  • If you know Spanish, you can imagine in your head, Triunfo, Victoria, and Gloria for that part because that's what the text was with the Japanese as furigana.

PS: I don't know if there's a preview for the last episode (there wasn't one last season). I won't keep an eye out for it (but i'm pretty sure someone would update me if it does come out and I'll link it here then).
PPS: Apparently there is one, http://tinyurl.com/cnps5lj.
PPPS: Flashback translation, did this in a hurry and not proofread (also modified lines to make them not sounding extremely awkward like direct translation; still ended up pretty awkward oh well).

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-09-27 at 21:15.