Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-20, 22:07   Link #985
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks so much, warainagara and wowo. I'm already looking around for works by Yoshiya Nobuko and Nobara Takemoto. And perhaps Turn A Gundam will be the first "mecha" anime I can learn to enjoy -- unless Simoun is mecha. If Takahashi Rieko is as good there as she is here, perhaps it will be. As usual, my embarrassment at being so ignorant is exceeded by my delight at learning more.

I lost interest partway through the first season of Rozen Maiden, but perhaps I was seeing it in the wrong way and should take another look at season 2. And I just noticed that those Super Dollfie dolls Nishida Asako uses -- and which certainly make me think of Shinko -- cost about $500 each, exclusive of clothing at $30-70 a dress, $8 a T-shirt, etc. Ouch.

Thanks also to DaFool for the interesting thoughts about Yun and about shifts in art styles. From the beginning, I've found the character design in Simoun really powerful, especially the eyes. Are the eyes as special as they seem to me, or just one version of a common style? I see so many elements there to be played with to create expression.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote