View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 00:07   Link #824
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Gah. Another double post. Oh well, time for the resident n00b to make an announcement.

*ahem*

Several months ago, I joined Outer Cadia with one goal in mind, and that was to have a good time making characters and coming up with storylines with people who held the same interest in the greatest of all magical girl shows as I did. And after a rough start and a few mishaps with the locals, I finally got around to making a few characters, which were (I thought) balanced.

For the record, I’m still not sure what’s wrong with Zero.

But after a short while I noticed a disturbing tendency I had, and that was to skip around way too much, jumping from idea to idea and storyline to storyline with no certain focus. Just recently, I realized one of the big reasons for this.

I hate the StrikerS layout. I would give anything to force 7Arcs to go back and make the girls stay out of the TSAB and do Season 3 differently, because the Ace’s association with the bureau limits their ability to be heroes; they have to follow the structure of the military, they have to wear those damnable limiters, and worst of all, they have to follow orders. Ugh.

Worse by far, however, was the treatment Hayate got, being turned into a glass cannon and relegated to a leadership role when we all thought she was going to be just as active as Nanoha and Fate. You’ve heard this all before, you probably share my opinions, so I’ll cut the rant short and get to the point.

I’m changing this.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby give you my plans for my own answer to Kerokanon and REBUILT of StrikerS. I’m going back to the beginning and I’m doing things my way, putting the Magical Girl back into Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. This is not a passing thing that I’ll abandon within a week or two, this is the story I’ve wanted to do since the beginning, and I’ll be damned if I let this project die out on me.

In addition to a few OCs to join the crew (including a new Ace, my answer to Keroko), significant changes will be made to the storyline following the A’s epilogue owing to the fact that Hayate is not a glass cannon and is therefore able to conduct missions on her own or with small amounts of assistance. This simple fact, with the added influence of the previously-mentioned OC, sets off a chain of events which culminates in a narrow avoidance of the Nanoha Incident thanks to the presence of Hayate on the battlefield with Nanoha and Vita.

Following this incident, which ends with a badly-wounded Hayate, Nanoha expresses a desire to personally hunt down the person responsible for Hayate’s injury, and derails her plans to become a combat instructor, leading her to join Hayate as a Special Investigator. As investigators, Hayate and Nanoha have all the freedom of movement that Acous displayed during StrikerS, able to go anywhere and do virtually anything to solve their cases. They are, in essence, the magical girl versions of James Bond and his ilk. Expect Acous and the disappearance of Zest’s team to feature prominently in the storyline, and the battle with Jail will take on a completely different tone as the girls hound him and the Numbers at every turn

This is but a brief description of the plans I have in mind for Hayatecanon, centering on the OC I mentioned earlier, one Alexander Crestwood.

Spoiler for Basic Background and Changes to A's:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote