Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 12:11   Link #2025
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Nagisa being chosen for a solo in "Nagisa no Cherry" is almost certainly yet another shout-out to the real Acchan.
More like a complete rip-off than a shout-out. And its hilarious because it doesn't even fit thematically speaking. Acchan was chosen because being the least idol-like girl of the group made her perfect front girl for Akimoto's concept of imperfect idols who need to work hard to get better. There's no such concept going on in 00 so Nagisa being chosen comes down to S4's whims (and being the MC).

Quote:
This isn't the way any of this is supposed to work. This isn't the person Yuuko was before she saw the kirara of succession. What happened to the girl who rescued Nagisa and Chieri, and encouraged them to follow their dreams? In the end, it looks like learning the truth about succession has actually shaken her far worse than it shook Takamina.

I don't care what you say about real-life idols. These girls are not supposed to be against each other. Given the purpose of 0048, this rivalry is ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous at all. You're projecting your expectations on how the group should be, but it's made pretty clear these girls have their own reasons to be there, and fighting against the oppression is not one of them, even if they know they have to do it anyway. They admire AKB, they want to be on stage, they want to "shine". That's their dream.

And I personally don't think Yuuko is doing anything wrong here. The way 00 is now, with this shady S4 guy calling all the shots, is way too arbitrary. That kind of management failed in the real AKB, and it would be cool to see it fail in the series too.

Quote:
Nagisa is being Acchan. Being in 0048 is enough for her. She doesn't want the spotlight. She doesn't think she deserves it, and she certainly doesn't think she can handle the pressure.
Except Acchan really was totally untalented and unskilled at that time (she was ugly as hell too, but that's beside the point), so she had a lot of reasons to freak out about being center. Nagisa on the other hand does have some skills, enough to put a decent performance if she gets into it at least, and that's all everyone is asking for. The reason she's been a drama queen is because she realized that she was wrong. She was chosen over all the other girls. She won, they lost. A now she won't be able to move on until she accepts that reality.

Quote:
I think Chieri was trying to encourage her by reminding her that the others are there supporting her, but as always seems to happen when Chieri tries to encourage people, it came out sounding like a condemnation instead. Poor Chieri seems to have a severe penalty to her Diplomacy score.
I wonder what Chieri is gonna do. What she said at first came out like she had giving up in overtaking Nagisa. But after seeing Yuuko practicing so hard even though she won't be playing that song something in Chieri might have changed. But I'm not sure right now, and I'm kinda worry that Okada might no have a clue what to do with Chieri at this point so we'll see.... in fact the writing in this episode was generally lacking so I wouldn't be surprised if everything start to fall apart now. Okada has a track record of screwing up in crucial moments after all.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-09 at 12:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote