View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 02:46   Link #2218
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Kallen wasn't in any position to understand it before that. It's like trying to assemble a puzzle with the pieces hidden everywhere. What's important is she knew what to do when the time came.

Still feels like a waste to me. Lelouch more or less threw away his life the moment he defeated his father, rather than find another way.
You see, that's the thing; the "other way" would mean trying to remain as a politician and force his own views on others. That's how it works, but that's not what he wanted. Lulu doesn't WANT to be a God-King. He would much prefer people to rule themselves. As long as he stays, he can't be much more than a tyrant.

And if he has to leave, he wants to leave in a way that teaches a valuable moral lesson for everyone. Hence the bloody fairy-tale ending that Lulu haters on the board wanted, except it is all planned out intentionally instead of being forced on Lulu by his enemies.
(When I said fairy-tale, I mean the classic fairytale with blood and death, and not something Disney would make.)

As for Lulu being alive or dead? It doesn't actually matter. It's like the question of a certain character in School Days being pregnant or not; it is left ambiguous because Sunrise want to leave room for people who wanted one or another.

I believe Lulu is still alive because of multiple hints told by others on this thread. There is no need to repeat them. But I am not denying that he could be dead. Nonetheless, let it be known that Lulu didn't planned his death in order to die; he planned his death to make sure the world would remember that monsters exist, and more importantly that these same monsters can be killed. IF Lulu survived his own planned death, it wouldn't weaken the purpose of his act; Moral stories often aren't true, but they aren't any less valuable as teaching aid.

And lastly, whether Lulu lived or not, he certainly didn't PLAN to survive. Suzaku was offered his revenge after all.