View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 01:01   Link #8052
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
More insults aren't appreciated.....I don't know why you're acting snotty because I copy+pasted a definition............
Snotty? Nope. Annoyed? Yes. Why? Because I thought you were going to use your own definition (how others perceive a word is more important than the definition itself in my opinion), but you just copied Wiki...

Quote:
Problem with your point is, it still doesn't change that convenient inconsistency was used with Kuroko to get Mikoto out (Hyouka was the one she should have gotten out, as per her duties with Judgement), and Sphinx suddenly running away when he was perfectly content in Index's shirt with Mikoto a foot or two away.
Problem with your analysis is that no such inconsistency exists. You may think an inconsistency exists, but it doesn't. Maybe if you don't know the characters in-depth then an inconsistency may exist, but characters have acted within the parameters in which they were written in. You've received numerous explanations as to why Kuroko chose to teleport Mikoto out instead of Hyouka and you have pointedly ignored all of them. Probably the only "inconsistency" is why Touma and Hyouka left before Kuroko returned (which she did), but that's really more of a plot device to introduce Hyouka as something not human (which set the stage of her introduction as an angel) without anyone else finding out except the parties involved. Sphinx running away at just the right time and somehow being at the place where Ellis would pop up is convenient...not inconsistent. Something that could happen and did happen at a convenient time isn't an inconsistency, it's a convenient plot device.

Quote:
This is where I'm going to stop responding to you now......so far you're the only one who has displayed negative feelings here, and giorno, from the other side of the debate from me, even stuck up for me. I'm acknowledging all your points, and debating against them; it's called "debating." "Refusing to acknowledge your points" would be more like "What are you an idiot?! That's not right!" How would a debate take place if one guy didn't debate against anything the other guy says?
Sure don't respond so I won't have to keep getting wrapped up in this endless cycle you call a debate. I know I shouldn't keep subjecting myself to this, but hey what can I say I'm just a sucker for punishment. I don't enjoy debating all too much, I prefer to discuss things and reformulate my viewpoint based on the evidence presented. Your presented viewpoint as to how and why Mikoto should have been included in these fights hasn't swayed me much given that you haven't been able to prove to me how this would contribute to the plot at all. You can talk about inconsistencies (that don't really exist) or how characters involved acting out of character just to keep her out (when they're not) all you want, but you have failed to answer the key question of how exactly would she make any meaningful contribution to the plot if she were included in these fights. Unless you answer that question satisfactorily, then I have to say this is just some fanboy complaining how his favorite character got shafted for 'x' reason. And going by some of the arguments you've used (and how some just make no sense whatsoever), that's the only logical conclusion I can reach.

So yeah don't respond to this so I can happily go back to lurking!