View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 00:06   Link #467
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Like VCV, I'm no dem apologist either. The dems had some part in the mess Obama inherited in early 2009. The GOP certainly added so much to that mess though, especially with two incredibly costly (not just money; humans lives and trauma) wars that were started with no good exit plans. I also hear those Bush tax cuts have added quite a lot to our national debt. But also, what you talked about in your last paragraph, well, things in Obama's first term isn't business as usual. I mean, we have America in turmoil in late 2008 when Obama is elected, and then, as VCV put it, we have the GOP doing the whole "crash the country and blame Obama" strategy they've been using for nearly four years now. Sure, the dems have added to our nations problems before Obama was elected, and sure, the dems haven't been perfect in their job under Obama, but who helped contribute more to the mess Obama was handed, and who isn't even trying to help deal with the mess, in fact is even helping the mess remain and fester? That's right, the GOP.
Do not disagree, was merely pointing out it wasn't as cut and dry through my misunderstanding of where VCV stood on things. My mistake.

Either way I still find myself cringing at both candidates and as I said before feels like I have to pick the lesser of two evils, which would be Obama (as much as I hate to admit). Yes the GOP has become by far the worst of the two sides, but I really don't care for the Democrat side either. Honestly I'll probably just end up voting for a third party candidate since I feel better about half of them compared to the main two. I just can't feel good about voting for either Romney or Obama.