View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 14:21   Link #432
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I'm only concerning with those feelings but the same can be said of Ranka caring about Sheryl. She does but doesn't mean she needs to step aside and let her take Alto. I don't really get your point but I digress.

Sheryl frustrated about not doing her job? Not meeting expectations? Then why was she so worried about Alto's gift? Wasn't that her true primary concern then? Same as Ranka huh? Go figure.

I'll repost it here since you seem to have missed it in all the edits.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick
Sheryl didn't seemed to be too concerned about it either. When she was sick she didn't say "I need to get news about galaxy" she said "I haven't given Alto his present yet". Who has the one-tracked mind?

You're kinda forgetting about the context of the situation when she said those words. They were hostages to a group of rebelling Zentradi who were demanding for culture and Sheryl was the only person, as far as anyone on Galia IV was aware, who could fulfill their demands and placate them. The only way to defuse the situation and open up the sky for Alto is to go out there and sing for the Zentradi. There's nothing one-track minded about it. She's very aware of her responsibilities and the consequences of her actions on Galia. Freeing up the sky for Alto to fly in is nothing but a measurement of success for defusing the current crisis at hand.