Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 22:12   Link #69
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The usual vinaigrette recipes don't do it for me. Either they're too heavy or too vinegary--you just need acid, not necessarily balsamic or red-wine vinegar. And I like my greens to kick a little ass, so I came up with the Tabasco vinaigrette.

It's quite simple, like most vinaigrettes--just mix up a bit of olive oil, water, sea salt and lemon juice--less lemon than you might normally use, by the way--then add Tabasco sauce until the acidity is right. It's delicious on simple green salads, finished with parmesan.
I should try a tabasco salad dressing. Maybe even try Frank's Red Hot Sauce instead (maybe mix it with salad oil). I think that'd be good on some hearts of romaine with white meat chicken and bacon. Maybe some garlic butter croutons thrown in.

Edit: Now that I think about it (and I should try a tabasco salad dressing on some dark greens with parmesan), maybe I should try the salad I mentioned, with ranch dressing, and then just coat the chicken in Frank's Red Hot Sauce and then drizzle some of that over the salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Haha, I travel throughout the year between the 3 due to school, work (interning), and being back home :P

I will gladly accept an e-waffle!
Your e-waffle has been sent.