Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-26, 17:46   Link #871
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Now now people, let's not all go blowing bran gaskets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yes, well, i am wondering if people aren't actually (purposefully?) misunderstanding something about the kiss Akira didn't do it because she "likes" Kazuha in that way, or because she would be leaning that way. She was making a point with the reaction she triggered from Kazuha - that no matter how close their relationship, there is something she simply can't be for Kazuha. The later was throwing away her romantic life because of overreaction, and that would leave a hole that wouldn't be fixed by simply spending more time with Akira. And neither would be really happy long-term if Kazuha ended up regretting her rash decision later on. It was to provoke a "shock reaction" from Kazuha to snap her out of the over-concern mode, and to make her realize that she (Akira) isn't the only thing that matters in Kazuha's life. Kazuha needed a push to be shaken out of her "comfort zone", and due to the nature of the issue, this was Akira's way of delivering that push. Nothing "romance" related here - the very point of it was to show that it isn't, and that Kazuha needs to go get her 'fix', one that she would actually like, elsewhere, and that Akira can't be the be-all, end-all of her world, if she wants to be truly happy.
I think the shock value kind of made my brain shut down for a moment. But yes, if I had actually stopped to interpret the scene I probably would have come to a similar conclusion. Kind of interesting in that it shows that Akira isn't as "head in the clouds" as she appears at times.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote