View Single Post
Old 2008-07-01, 21:36   Link #390
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
I am not talking about the polls, I am talking about the immediate reaction after this episode (12). Sheryl supporting posts have been overwhelming. There were a few comments to Ranka (about how cute she is), but Sheryl currently > everything right now. I find virtually no posts supporting Ranka in her defense. Almost everyone feel Sheryl had been screwed over, big time. Of course, several extremists would go on and say something like "how dare Ranka do that to her!" ... etc.
I think it's just that more Sheryl fans went online to find comfort and express themselves lol The Ranka fans are probably just too busy rejoicing and buying her album or laughing at the lamentations for Sheryl. When Kerry and Bush ran for US presidency, I thought for sure US of A was Kerry's nation since he was always leading the polls. In the end, Bush's supportees which were the oldies were just too bedridden to participate on polls but were able to vote in the elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
She wasn't dumb enough to say it out loud but since we get into her mind we can see what she really thinks... So what about a Zentradi rebellion and every other hostage but Alto, he hasn't got my present
Spoiler for tt!:

....so if Ranka looked ungrateful here then let it be. I'm not holding this against her though since her concern for Alto managed to save the day all the same.

Besides, if Ranka's "inconsiderate" for only thinking about Alto's safety and giving him her present, then Sheryl shouldn't get away too. Instead of feeling responsible for the other hostages and the chaos she caused, she could only think about 'Alto's present'. Not only that, instead of giving Ranka credit for saving everyone--including her--she felt the opposite. Proper reaction should be admitting her mistake (that she didn't take care of her body) and acknowledging Ranka's growth as an artist. Sheryl seems to always support her when it comes to her career--unless she never meant those from the start. ^_^ It's hard to tell though due to lack of focus.

Anyway, that sure wasn't the proper reaction, but I'm not going to take it against her too since the drama's better this way.