Thread: Licensed Dance in the Vampire Bund
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 00:35   Link #88
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin313 View Post
You know, this really sucks. You know now that she's going to be forced to marry Rozenmann, or he's going to rape her, one of the two. However, she could always turn the tables on him, kill him and still have his child. Yet, the one thing I know is this: I despise tragedy in stories like this, in that, if the bund is destroyed, and everyone has to go back into hiding and obscurity, I may swear off manga in general forever, because they are too often fatalistic like this! It ticks me off when they shaft the heroes like that! I would not stand for it! It so sucks! I hate when people play with emotions like that and then shafts you, and sits back and laughs because you spent your money on this, and then have this happen! It was like this at the end of Chibi Vampire, and then at end of the Tutu anime. It really burns me!
The tragic end has not yet been guaranteed: if it had been, I would not still be reading this series, because tragic endings affect me rather unpleasantly, and I prefer to avoid doing that to myself. The surprising thing about the author for this manga is that he is able to simultaneously convince me that he is willing to go total BAD END for everyone, and that he intends to save everyone at the last minute and pull an "earn your happy ending" happy ending out of this. That's what keeps me reading here, because there's always the tension of believing that he's willing to let Telomere kill Yuki and have Mina raped and imprisoned forever by Rozenmann, and yet I can still hope that somehow someone will save them in time, instead.