View Single Post
Old 2009-07-11, 08:06   Link #1816
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
simply because she is half-Filipina and that's all. >.> *facepalm* That's my country for ya.

Also, I think it's wise you err...tone it down. 6^^
Actually I'm also from the Philippines, and I was also one of the first people who kept bashing her singing. Her 7/7 live version of Voices though IMO was pretty good. Ao no Ether in the same concert was also in a deeper tone, and I have heard NO ONE who went to the concert give any bad review of her performance. Her recorded version of Ao no Ether made me very annoyed that I could hardly listen to it without thinking of how flat her voice was.

That given, the effect of Megumi's constant cutesy parade on me is actually numbing. Initially I choked on it, and even hated it, but now I feel as if that's just how her producers want her to be, so we should all let it be and not take it against her personally. Macross F is indeed a well-sold franchise, and if they intend to ride along with its popularity by making her evoke the "feel" of Ranka, then we can't do anything about it.

For her benefit, I still think she's pretty, and I still think that her voice has a lot of potential because of its nice bell tone. But she's no Charice Pempengco

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2009-07-11 at 08:38.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote