View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 06:37   Link #9
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I haven't played Persona 2 before....but did they changed the character portrait or something ? It doesn't looks like Kazuma Kaneko (assuming that he's the one who drew it back in PS1) ...
In-game character portraits in both IS and EP PS1 are actually drawn by Soejima. (Yeah he is in ATLUS since way back before) Kazuma Kaneko only did the external/promotional arts (those that we see so much in the net) and is the main character designer, quite frankly, aside from being the well-known 'demon designer' he is known nowadays P2's in-game portraits were... Non-Kaneko esque to say at the very least.

EDIT: The info is taken from Wiki Japan. I know Megaten Wiki has the info too but w/e, my brain is bleaching!

But the remake seems to revamp the full body image (like in the scan), as in they are redrawn by Soejima this time. The colouring is a dead ringer for Soejima's aesthetique lol Then again, Soejima did work as co-character designer too back then.

/me as Kaneko fan : a bit @ the lack of Kaneko's image love.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-10-27 at 06:50. Reason: Shoot, correcting parts edit!
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote