Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 20:17   Link #2633
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
AH is still a mess as usual. I have some cash now for 200k stuff, so thinking of investing in upgrades to my current rings. Incidentally, the prices for high-end jewels are insane, especially the radiant stars. Do those drop in the latter parts of Inferno?
High end jewels are insanely expensive because they ARE insanely expensive. It is very easy to gather mass quantities of flawless squares if you play in Inferno Act 2 or higher for any length of time. The killer is the outrageous combining costs. You will be paying hundreds of thousands just to combine them, and I have no idea how much is a radiant star. Probably the cost of a perfect ilevel 63 item.
Edit: found the answer: 15.4 million gold. For turning 729 radiant squares into a single radiant star. With 1631 tome of secrets.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551578082

The killer is that most of the time it isn't worth the money to make them yourself, which makes them even more rare and costly to buy.

Also, don't forget the 15% sales tax. So to make a profit you actually need to sell it for more than 19 million for it to be worth the trouble.