View Single Post
Old 2013-07-25, 03:59   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Your Honoka/Kotori pic is simply wonderful, and does a nice job of referencing an actual scene from the Love Live! anime. I agree with Ryonea that maybe the effect lines could use a bit more "Oomph!" there, but otherwise, fantastic work!

Your Kuroneko is excellent. Her facial features and cat-ears might be a touch too sharp, likely benefiting from a rounder and softer appearance. Nonetheless, this is impressively on-model.

When I saw your Gou, the first anime character I thought of was Tamayura's Kaoru Hanawa. Gou's face and upper body are a bit longer than what they are here, although in fairness the upper body issue might be due to the pose and viewer perspective for this shot. In any event, the face could use a bit more length. Now, I should say that the drawing itself is very nice in a vacuum (i.e. without considering how on-model it is). One thing I particularly like about this picture is the lively facial expression. It captures a certain excitement and tension, especially in the eyes.

If I was to assign numerical grades to each of these works...

Honoka & Kotori - 9.5/10

Kuroneko - 9/10

Gou - 8.8/10

So altogether superb work.

On the whole, this is a highly impressive trio of works.