View Single Post
Old 2007-02-16, 22:52   Link #1015
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
I know it’s not worth much, but just want to add my thanks for all the hard work from the translating team! You guys should add a ‘paypal donate’ button to the site (or better yet, a ‘I’ll give you $10 when you finish translating chapter x’ button). Just so those of us desperate for more story can add a little more… ‘incentive’.

Also have to say, Tanigawa Nagaru is a freaking genius. Just when you think he’s making it up as he goes along, you find some passage that just ties it all together. Each story by itself is great. But as each arc unfolds it keeps building on past events, and gets better and better. I constantly laugh out loud while reading, even though I’m sure a lot of the subtle humor gets lost in translation between Japanese - Chinese - English (no knock on the translating team. When I was watching a Haruhi video with my brother, he kept laughing at the subtle language jokes in the Japanese narrative, that didn’t carry over into the English subtitles). Can’t wait for volume 9.
Thanks a lot, but money + translation usually = copyright infringement, which tends to lead to lawsuits

Besides, most of us are just doing this in our free time to show our love for Haruhi