View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 12:10   Link #43
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The kyuubi is probably the last creature that could be affected by friendship no jutsu...but submission through force isn't Naruto's style, so I'm not so anxious to see it happening, like, ever. I will agree that Naruto is more than capable of taking on anyone and anything right now, more grinding is unnecessary.
-Well, I never meant to imply that he'd force the beasty to do his bidding. I was looking more for the "mutual goal, mutual benefactors" kind of thing. I just find the idea of the boy going full Kyuubi in front of his peers only to surprise them by saying "Sorry to worry ya, dattebayo" and then give a toothy grin like he used to back before he started being serious 85% of the time. Seriously Naruto, you're not Sasuke who has to scowl every damn panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I like the fact that Naruto has known limits on his powers. He isn't a walking talking Perfect Izanagi afterall ...
-Yeah that's all well and good...until Naruto gets his own Rinnengan and rewrites history with a flick of the wrist . Oh come on james, you and I both know he'll become a walking Deus Ex Machina eventually. We might as well enjoy knowing his limits before he becomes a virtual God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Transforming into the bijuu isn't the goal in itself, it's using the power of the bijuu chakra blast. It's just that normally a jinchuuriki has to be in full-bijuu form to access that type of power. If Naruto can incorporate that power into his Rasengan, then he doesn't really need to fully transform.

Personally, I doubt Naruto ever uses the full form. It'd make him look just like the Kyuubi, which would make him look too horrific. Kishi's setting it up so Naruto can use the full power of the Kyuubi's attack but without having to transform into a monster.
-But, isn't he a monster only if he has malicious intent? I mean, Killer Bee went full Hachibi on us multiple times, and he's hardly horrific. Ok, his ballad-raps may cause you to commit sepuuku, but he's not exactly scary as the Hachibi. Then again, we're probably negatively disposed to Naruto's full Kyuubi form since whenever he went 4-tailed and up, he was far more monsterous than anything else he was trying to kill. But, I can concede to the point; if the goal is to be able to use the Chakra Blast Sphere then I got no real complaints. I just think that Naruto going full Kyuubi would be something to praise as opposed to hate but whatever works I guess.