View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 11:34   Link #886
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yea that's easily the worst offender in the series for me as far as zenkais go. And one of the reasons I don't like the Cell saga as much as the others. (the other being Vegeta being a moron in it)
Well that zenkai was justifiable to an extent since he does have saiyan cells within him.

As far as Vegeta goes, I wouldn't really call him moronic, I would call him arrogant and underestimating, but that, in my view, wasn't the reason for his choice. Vegeta is a saiyan, saiyans live for the thrill of battle, the desire for the ultimate fight. The reasoning behind this can even be perceived in the current topic of zenkai, where win or lose, a saiyan gains strength through his battles, which could be viewed as an even greater desire. 2nd stage Cell was nothing more than a joke to Vegeta, hardly a fitting battle, and so when Cell tempted Vegeta with the possibility of the ultimate foe, his saiyan nature made the choice an obvious one. It just turned out to be a foe that was too much for Vegeta to handle.