View Single Post
Old 2011-11-11, 03:35   Link #71
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well after it took 5 episodes to tell one day, did you really expect the story to jump past all the planning and lead up and go straight to the evening of the next day into a big fight after seeing Toori and them get handled by grunts?
My point is that the way the story is being told isn't doing any favors for the show. While interrupting a buildup of tension might work to a degree in a written medium, it's very deflating in 30-minute episodes. If this were an original work, the creators would have been careful to let the audience know the stakes before ramping up the action so that there isn't a huge lull of inactivity after we learn that BIG THINGS are on the line. Over-faithfulness to an original work can harm an adaptation, and that's what's happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Like someone said before in the topic, this series is actually covering things rarely covered by series like this, how the hell they're going to survive if they actually do rebel. That's a highly important detail that is all too often left out of these type of shows. Just let the series build back up again, I'm sure the final episodes will be just as action-packed as 4 and 5 were.
I'm not worried about the action building up again - this show is proceeding pretty much as I expected.