View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 00:32   Link #157
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Ok.

I'm only an anime watcher and although I liked episode 2 a lot despite many people complaining about pacing, episode 3 did indeed have some MAJOR pacing problems. We went from Kirito joining a guild, to him meeting Klein, to Sachi being emo, to the Black Cats being killed off in a secret dungeon, to Testuo commiting suicide, to killing the boss that drops that revival item, to melodrama over a Christmas message.

Like wtf. I felt like I watched 5-6 episodes compacted into one.

I forget but is this a 1cour or 2 cour series? I'm pretty sure it's 2 cour but they seem to be treating it as 1 cour. Actually no, they are treating it if it was a 6 ep OVA series. Unless they want to get the "meaty" parts asap, but dammit. That's some REALLY rushed development. I mean last episode we were on the first floor and Kirito at the start of the ep was lvl 40, at the end of the ep he's lvl 48. o_O

But for a rushed episode, it wasn't catastrophic. Just that I didn't feel a damn thing when the guild got killed off. Hoping this isn't the kind of pacing we are to expect from now on.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote