View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 23:27   Link #43
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Board of Education and the Ethics Committee might not be entirely in agreement regarding the handling of the group through the various events, and therefor the former decided to destabilize the foundation of the group in order to eliminate Saki as a successor to the job she was offered.
That makes me wonder about the current state of the villages political system.

The anime hasn't really fully established the relationship between the Ethics Committee and Board of Education. All we know is that the Board of Education is in charge of the elimination of children they deem a threat while the Ethics Committee seems to have total control over the community itself but it seem like there should be more to it then that.

For example, Dose the Board of Education have complete freedom to do as they want when it comes to the children of the community or dose the Ethics Committee have the final say in what steps should be taken?

I know Satoru's grandma said that the Ethics Committee usually doesn't interfere when it comes to the Board of Education's decision to remove a child but made an exception when it came to Saki.

So dose that mean the Ethics Committee have the power to veto a decision made by the Board of Education whenever they want or is it only possible when proven it's a special case involved?

Also where dose the other systems of their government fit into all this. I remember it was mentioned somewhere that Saki's father was some kind of judge or a high level decision maker like a city council member after all being able to help decide who gets an extra ration of electricity seems like a big deal to me. However he has no say so over the actions taken by the Ethics Committee which I find interesting since no one seems to know who the member of the Ethics Committee are yet they seem to have supreme control.

So this begs the question whom is running what in this village?

(Or should I say villages since there seems to be more then one they're just connected but some sort of river system.)