View Single Post
Old 2004-06-10, 21:23   Link #4
arias

Actually no, she didn't remember once she woke up. First thing she said when she awoke was "I'll try hard to remember you.." something like that (mine is chinese subtitles) and later still refers him to Morisato (not Keiichi).. And suddenly bam! She remembers.

My concern about this is not really the content of the story, but about how poor the linking is, and it seems that the movie is more about fanservice. I personally found OMG! movie extremely exciting initially, given its high quality animation.. but then it's really quite shallow and achieves little. By far my greatest dislike is how the OMG! series is so episodic there seems to be little progression in the characters and general story arc. It's really becoming more mundane, and we see more of the author's progression.

Belldandy appears to be more and more divine as the manga progresses; whereas initially in the start of the series she was more human-like and susceptible to human-weaknesses.. The only reason I continue to read OMG! is, of course, the relationship between Belldandy and Keiichi. But sometimes there is so little of that in a volume; or even if there is much, their relationship doesn't seem to progress very much (ie. it's so chaste they don't even formally HOLD HANDS by volume 28). It's quite ridiculous, imo.

That is why nowadays, I keep fantasising of terrible things happening between the both of them to rip up another conflict. Argghh. I really wish for significant progression in the story rather than such episodic "fun" and the continual addition of new characters. Personally, if the manga ended on a scene that depicted the "wonderful world and friends we've made through this journey" (ie. like F-compo and such).. I would be terribly disappointed. o_o;;

Oh well. the incoherent rants of a disappointed fan.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote