View Single Post
Old 2007-10-28, 14:43   Link #24
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
~ It took a long time to get over Vexx's avatar that went with his "You've surprised Tomoko-chan!" title (what is that FROM?), because it cracked me up for some reason. ~
Canvas 2. Best Love-Triangle romance comedy anime series in my opinion. Watch it, watch it now!

Yeah... it felt "Earth-shattering" when Vexx changed his Avatar. I was like, "Wait. Vexx posted? Where? Where?" If it wasn't Kagami, I would have been like, "Which hussy hustled Tomoko away?!" And even though it was Kagami, it still felt like a stab in my heart that Tomoko was no more... Man, and it's not even MY avatar.

And now, just when I was getting used to Kagami as his avatar, he changed it again! To some... erm... girl I'm not well acquainted with.

As for me, the one time I changed my avatar, it was only temporarily for a day. That was the day I decided to cookie whoever else was sporting an avatar from the anime series, "Seto no Hanayome". Other than that... nope, I have never budged from using Okita.

To me, the best avatars are the ones that capture a moment, a moment that contains a spark of brilliance. The kind where you snap your fingers and go, "That's it! That's the one!" When I was watching "Space Battleship Yamato" and Okita went crazy-eyed as he shouted, "Warp!" in his drawl, I knew I had a winner. Here was a man who exuded burning passion as he raised his clenched fist and widened his eyes, shouting out with fervour. From there, it was a simple matter of simply altering what he said. Anime is a passion to me. Sometimes it doesn't make sense why it means so much to me, but so long as I have the desire, I will continue to watch anime, and so Okita demonstrates my stance on the matter.

There was a time when I seriously considered changing my avatar to something else, but Okita prevailed and I used it as my profile image instead.

Cheers.