View Single Post
Old 2008-02-21, 14:41   Link #516
Kristen
*Author

I just finished this series today. I have to say, this was definately impressive. I was expecting something a lot like Da Capo where the introduce a lot of new characters and have individualistic episodic episodes about them for the first 2/3, but I was thankfully wrong.

DCSS started out EXTREMELY strong for me. I absolutely loved Kotori in season 1, and wished she could have had more screen time, and when she showed up as the main character, I was really happy. Aisia was also one of the more likeable characters I had seen, so everything was great.
Then they had to throw Nemu back into the mix. Sure, I like Nemu and all, but I prefer Kotori+Junichi to her. She's kind of just, kind of like a girl I don't feel really deserves Junichi.
To me, I feel like the added characters to this season (Save Aisia, of course), kind of were unecessary. They had no real relevence to moving the plot along, and just served to add in quantity of times Junichi had to say "Good Morning"
Sakura was just PERFECT when she came back. The signs of emotional scars were just wonderful, and it really fit her character.

Also, I'm glad Aisia didn't die. ^_^

This series deserves a solid 8. It was much better than Season 1, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.