View Single Post
Old 2011-02-16, 04:52   Link #550
Rag

Voted for everyone except Sakura.

I apologize to the Sakura fans out there, but Sakura is the sole f/sn character that irritates me.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Uhhh, hey... guys, people. Fair ladies and gentlemen of all communities and walks of life - what is there not to hate about Zouken?

His tenacity to live is sickening. The length he goes to just to prolong his life? God damn, I don't know where to start.

He is the one that put Sakura into her situation - a direct effect of that is Shinji.

Great villain, super easy to hate. Reminds me I need to make an effirgy of him sometime and shank the living hell out of it. :|
I didn't really hate Zouken after HF and Fate/Zero. I'm more like indifferent to every villain in any work. I mean come on, hating a fictional character? I understand if you dislike a character, but loathe a non-existing person will all your heart?

And you're forgetting the reason he's prolonging his life in the first place. He started with a pure wish (world peace and shit), but the real world crushed him yet he was stubborn about it and sought immortality and in the end his wish deteriorated and he forgot what he was doing in the first place, lol.

Ironically, he suffered several times more than Sakura ever did.

Spoiler for For HF:

Quote:
My favourites are Saber and Ilya. Saber because she has an awesome personality what with hilarious quirks (Massive eater, Teddy bear lover, ahoge) that are such a contrast to her otherwise stoic personality. Ilya because of her extremely heart breaking interlude in UBW and a completely wasted potential for a genuine brother sister relationship to develop between her and Shirou.
You just summed up the feelings of a large portion of the Illya fans. Seriously though, they should rewrite HF and scrap Sakura off in a similar way like in Fate n UBW or just kill her early on. We could then have the Illya/Archer route. As for the brother/sister thing, thankfully we have Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya which is an example of how awesome an Illya route would have been. HF was wasted on Sakura honestly.

Quote:
People complain about the cooking scenes, but it was there that pure character development occurred, which many missed because it didn't have blood flowing or weapons flying.

The characters became "people" during these scenes, instead of fancy killbots. The one thing you can complain about in HF was that it had a huuuuuge amount of info to dump, so it was hard to take it all in. Sakura's situation is so brutal, that many feel it to be too much to handle all at once(or that it is too unbelievable, but remember, we are dealing with the world of magic here, people can be that cruel in real life, why can't they be even more so with supernatural abilities?), but that is what you are delivered with.
Too brutal? More like complete and utter crap. Sure, I felt sorry for her when it was first mentioned she was raped.

But then the dick worms came in, followed by poisoning, followed by Shinji abuse, followed by 'lol imma gonna kill u' talk, followed by Angra corruption, followed by the 'So what?' talk by her sister.

Everything else was fine. I think another reason I came to dislike her was because of how she mops in her normal end. Others would see it as her unending devotion to wait for some who would never return but nonetheless, she threw her life away after finally being free from the shit she's been through and that pissed me off.

/rant

Last edited by Rag; 2011-02-16 at 06:36.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote