View Single Post
Old 2011-10-31, 00:33   Link #76
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Small correction. The crew itself is legit, it's just Commander Grodek who's a rebell. That's why the others were shocked in episode two when they found out he was in charge.
The bridge crew is not legit. They were wondering why there was no one on the bridge, and then decided they couldn't wait around for the officers to show up, and took the controls to start things up themselves, and then Grodek came and gave them all a sense of legitimacy by waving his hand and saying he's the captain, thus of course it's ok for you all to stay on the bridge.

Remember, this officer crew were the colony's defense crew. We'll hand wave how they even knew how to operate a brand new, top secret warship, because we're handwaving a lot of other things.

But, yes, the rest of the crew (engineers, flight crew, mechanics, cooks, etc) of the Diva is legit, and apparently have just blindly accepted their officers were transferred at the last minute right before the colony came under attack.

Edit: Just saw that brightman already explained my point. Doh.

Anyways, we know they've already tricked the Federation ships that took the colony core to safety. It's feasible, since the Diva was a top secret warship, that they can keep tricking Federation ships/colonies, since I'm guessing the crew/officers were not made public knowledge outside a small circle to begin with. Eventually, it will probably bite them in the butt though. Be interesting to see what happens at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
So far the Genoace seem to be about as usefull as Leo against a Gundam, or a Tieren vs a GN-mobile suit...
We already know they can pump out DODS rifles in about 20 seconds. The Genoace with a DODS rifle seems plenty effective in this episode. I guess the real question is why do our heroes and the Federation, even days later, still have only one DODS rifle. And, in case it wasn't obvious, that's a rhetorical question.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote