Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 09:50   Link #2710
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
I wasn't expecting jack s**t from this entire series until I watched everything, I did, and some of the only things about it were just some priceless scenes, some good fights, and seeing Renton and Eureka again. That's all from me. But it still feels empty for me with this series.

And maybe I do understand of what Bones was trying to do here, but I must be still not getting it by choice since the ending left me with a WTF!? All that and Ao ends up back in Okinawa in this "third universe" despite the fact that there's a chance no one will remember him, and he doesn't get a chance to spend life with the family he's searched for since the beginning.

Renton is awesome, but I'm just bashing my head on the table when he's okay letting his kid go for the second time, every parent would hold onto their child especially if they have been separating from their offspring for a reason and finally have reunited again, with every intention of not letting them go again. And I'm supposed to accept that now that this whole thing never existed so Renton and Eureka can have Ao and her sister again with a new slate in their own universe. And their son Ao is just an anomoly in a third universe? I'm already accepting it it's just this whole thing was just feels pointless. I almost forgot that there is that scene where Ao went in saved Eureka from going through that accidental trip. That was very cool.

Several Plotholes still run around my head, and some of the characters, all the things they did, totally wiped away in a matter of second. Naru...*sighs* I'm glad she was out of the way, I never gave even gave two cents when she did the things she did, and she was supposed to be the "heroine", when antagonistic, then switched sides and then flip floped again and atttempted to take Truth's power for herself only to flop so bad, now after a little time change, she's back to her sick self and still delusional. And Truth.....I'll never EVER EVER THINK ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT TRUTH. All that crap and I'm supposed to accept that he's an archtype after the crap he's pulled? Uh uh, it doesn't roll like that in my viewpoint. He ends up as in archtype in the Nirvash Neo was it called? Darn it! GET THAT S**T OUTTA HERE!

And as for relationship, man I feel bad for a lot of people expecting some relationship between Ao and one of the female character to happen. The ending just shot that out of the sky and then shot up more of the remains when they reached the ground.

What really got me is the fact that they never backed up what happened to the fates of the rest of the cast in the previous Eureka Seven. The thing about sequels is that you have to at least mention and show the viewers what became of the people of the previous story, protagonist and antagonist, all the people that we have seen on this visual journey. They didn't do NONE of it, except Eureka and Renton. So we to assume that they are all right Holland and Talho is already enjoying their life with their newborn kid for all we know for one instance. Why bring them up and not even bring up a freaking flashback for what happened to them after those events.

It's a hot mess, that's all I know for sure. I'm just giving this series at least a 5/10. I didn't give a detailed review on it. But that's what this series is getting from me. I enjoyed it a little bit, and that was it, but not enough to get a higher rating.