View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 01:29   Link #27
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
That's cause there is no level 6.
It hasn't been confirmed, but there could be a Level 6 or more. Check Ch. 527 pg. 9-10. Buggy describes the number of Levels. Personally, Buggy has only been down to the Fourth Level. Level Five is for bounties over one million. It's been rumored among the prisoners that Level Five isn't the end of it. That on the level below Five is such an evil monster that they want it erased from history.

I'm hoping that this weird theory in my head is nothing more then a theory, but I wonder slightly IF Ace wanted to get captured, because White Beard wants who, or whatever is in that level. To put it in a way I think more people will grasp. It would kind of be how the Joker in The Dark Knight wanted to get captured so he would be pulled into where he could kill the Chinese guy that Batman captured earlier.
I have some serious doubts about my crackpot theory. It would be completely dependent on Black Beard turning Ace into the World Government. Though it's not too far off the mark. Black Beard was looking to turn in bounties over one million before he sent someone to approach the World Government about joining the members of the Shichibukai. As shown in Ch. 234 pg 17 and 236.
It would also depend on Ace having a way to escape his cuffs. Past that it would be almost ingenious way to get at whatever White Beard might want down there. You get yourself captured and then you are closer to your target then you would be if you tried to break in.
Wouldn't it be weird if down a level deeper if there are survivors of the Buster Call on Ohara Island? In Ch. 398 there is a Marine who asks if there were any survivors. Someone replies that "There couldn't be any.". That doesn't mean he knows whether there are or not. That line always caught my attention. If Oda wanted people to think everyone was dead, then why not just have the person say that no one survived. The comment he used was more ambiguous.

I'm just throwing this theory out there to explain one reason why Ace might not want Luffy to come down to his level. I know it's much more likely that he just doesn't want Luffy to get caught and hurt trying to rescue him.

Going back I'm noticing that in those splash pages it shows Crocodile without his hook and he has a left hand and being held with other members of Baroque Works, Ch. 398 pg. splash page. Though as we have seen him in Impel Down he has a hook. These splash pages are normally considered canon. Why would you cage someone up armed? Unless you just want people to know who he is from just his hand.
Though on the splash page of Ch. 403 Crocodile refuses to escape and has his hook back.
I guess you could just reason that the prison shown in this splash page adventure wasn't Impel Down. The Ch. 412 Splash Page even shows Mr. 3 and Bon Clay being tossed in the cell with Crocodile and Das Bones, who stays with Crocodile. Later on the next Splash Page's caption says how they will be taken to Impel Down. One has to wonder why that wouldn't of been the first place you would send someone like Crocodile, a former Shichikubai and devil fruit user who's bounty exceeded one million.

On a side note. How could the Buster Call on Enes Lobby of come FROM Impel Down? I remember Luffy mentioning that as he arrived with Boa. Judging from how the path is described. That trip should take days, because the only way to get there is through the current. I don't think the current allows for direct travel from Impel Down and Enes Lobby.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-03-05 at 02:41.