View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 05:05   Link #33
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I agree. I guess he didn't learn his lesson against Kuma, Kizaru, and Sentoumaru, at the Sabaody Archipelago. Another beat down awaits him.
Well, try and remember that Luffy never even met Kuma that first time on Thriller Bark. When Hachi told Luffy that if you strike the World Nobles a Marine Admiral will show up. Luffy seemed concerned about Aokiji being one who might be sent.
Just because Luffy is being somewhat reckless right now doesn't mean he hasn't learned anything from it. We have been slowly seeing hints that Luffy can use Haki. Luffy thought up the Gear system after his fight with Aokiji, but we didn't even get a hint of that until his fight with Blueno then later with Lucci.
There was nothing between the Aokiji fight and the Blueno fight that showed what Luffy had in mind.

I'm quite sure Luffy will have something new pretty soon, but unclear when we see the product of it. His defeat to Kuma was so heartbreaking to him. That always gets some reaction later.
He even thought of the idea that ultimately defeated the Minotaros. He used Mr. 3's ability and added it to his Rifle attack. That's probably something he remembered from a long time ago when he used Mr. 3's ability on the Hammer move.

Luffy has just not had an opponent in front of him yet that required a new tactic. Maybe with the Chief Warden he will pull out some new trick. Only reason Luffy pulled out Gear Second the first time was because his normally attacks weren't doing much of anything.