View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 09:18   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 551 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, you guys know the drill by now! Summary:

-Usopp's ministory involves him stuffing himself to the point that he gets fat.

-Although Ace wanted to make Whitebeard become the Pirate King, it turns out that the reverse was true all along: Whitebeard wanted to make Ace king.

-Apparently, Rouge wanted to name her baby "Anne" if it were a girl, and Roger decided on "Ace" if it were a boy. Luffy met Ace when he was about 3-5 years old, and hence already knew that the both of them weren't blood relatives. It turns out that the marines figured out Ace's identity 2 years after he left his home in East Blue, but by that time, he was already under Whitebeard's care.

-Meanwhile, Whitebeard's crew finally arrive, and they blow up the gates of justice, allowing Luffy's group passage (heh, looks like my lil' prediction came true after all! ). The Moby Dick enters Marineford, along with the other 14 devision captains on 3 other ships. However, Whitebeard alone disembarks from his ship.....

-The Shichibukai face off against about 5-6 pirate captains from the New World who are allied with Whitebeard. As this goes on, Garp thinks of Ace's mother, Rouge. Whitebeard says that it's been a few decades since him and Sengoku have last met, and asks him if his "son" (Ace) is safe. He looks Ace in the eyes and tells him to endure a bit more. Ace calls out to the man he recognizes as his father......

Well, well, now the party's finally getting started, huh? I really can''t wait to check out the rest of the division commanders and those other captains from the New World (heh, I wonder if Lola's mother is amongst them?). So I'm guessing that Whitebeard is going to fight Sengoku? Or perhaps all 3 admirals are going to gang up on him instead? Either way, things are gonna be wild from this point on....

As far as the thing about Whitebeard intending to make Ace king goes, I think some people already predicted that when it was revealed Ace was Roger's son, yes? I guess this really does make my idea of Ace taking Newgate's place as captain of his crew when the old man finally bites it more plausible......

And of course, now to wait for the pics!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-22 at 03:56. Reason: Fixed the ministory portion of the summary, since the earlier one was a mistranslation