View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 22:07   Link #37
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
When I read them, I'll try to remember to spoil everything here

But that will take some time, my japanese are not good in any way
Well, buying volumes is at least a proactive method of developing it. I'm also (more or less) presently studying Japanese myself.

Quote:
Dunno, Kaishaku for me works always by assigning different and very distinct roles to yuri couple, so doesn't feel very homo- to begin with, and in addition it bloats the story with drama around their relationship which basically never works out... so it works very different from what you read in more mainstream yuri, and probably that's why I find it interesting.

And I really hope that they never included mecha, shounen, etc. just makes the thing harder to read

EDIT: Nah... scratch that, I just remembered that godly two chapter fight in the rooftop resulting to a defeated Chikane on all four humilitated... godly character drawings, background art, rendering dynamic movement into static panels, dialogue... even Himeko peeping
I actually consider the anime version of Kannazuki no Miko one of the all-time masterpieces of the medium, and the epic super-robot parodies were one part of what made it so great and entertaining. The full-out, no holds barred emotion, drama, and hotbloodedness indeed were part of what distinguished it from what you normally find in yuri. Generally, I appreciate what Kaishaku did as one of the more original ways for expanding the yuri audience. That's why I hope they keep doing what they're doing while remaining original to that spirit.

Quote:
Eh? Sorry but they are ONLY missing a translator, so what do they have? a computer/phone with an internet connection
Payapaya has actually already released a couple chapters of Amnesian (the latest ones), with scripts which were left over from the previous scanlator group for the series. So yes, they really are just missing scripts. Yes, a typesetter is basically the one other thing you need for scanlation, but Payapaya is a general yuri scanlation group, so they have lots of other projects.