View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 13:54   Link #32536
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Arguable. She's good at being EVIL, but she's not a very compelling character because she's being an asshole bitch for the sake of being an asshole bitch and she's motivated by pure malice out of fucking nowhere when she was neutral at worst in the earlier part of Umineko. From EP5 onwards she's so angry and spiteful that she can't really hold it back if she's pushed even slightly, which contradicts earlier characterization and implies that Ryukishi changed her mind about her midway through (which we technically know is true since he's admitted she was originally just gonna be a cameo callback to Higurashi).
While true, she did state in episode one that she was the cruelest witch in the entire universe back in EP1. I think her malice could be explained with her being bored with how slow Battler was and as stated in the tips, she hates people that never learn.
I actually really liked Bernkastel up until ep 8. She was too predictable in that one, but up to and including ep 7, I found her amazing.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote