View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 01:56   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Kirino has a lot of her positive traits. She's self-sufficient, headstrong, and has an extremely good sense of responsibility. She does come off as way too tsun with the main character, and I know that she garners a lot of hate for it, but that's no reason to deny the good points she has. Heck, even Kyousuke points them out from time to time.

Also, I have absolutely no idea how exactly is she ungrateful to Kyousuke. No matter how bratty she acts, there's a very large difference between that and not grateful at all.
It's great that she's self-reliant, but considering that we don't see her unless she's interacting with Kyousuke, that strong-mindedness comes off as harsh, especially considering we're seeing things from Kyousuke's perspective and thus know that he's doing things to help Kirino out.

Plus, like I said before, it's a personal thing. Some people might think that the way she acts throughout the series is more significant than those good traits. Not to mention that a big part of what attracts people to characters in a show like this is how they interact with the other characters. Although I should take back what I said; Kirino does have good traits.

Really, I guess it's that she acts so bratty that she comes off as ungrateful and that there are a lot of instances where she makes it harder for Kyousuke to help her and really only thanks him at the end of an arc. Her making it harder for him to help her makes it seem like she forgot what he went through to help her out previously.

Personally, the reason why I don't like her is because I have no reason to like her. She does have good qualities, but they never appear when she's interacting with everyone else, and as I said before, that's really important to certain people [like me]. Honestly, I do like her a bit more after watching the new episode 12, but it's just that the tsun turns me away from her.