Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-29, 18:31   Link #59
CygnusX

Ugh why did I read the spoiler for chapter 32 Been careful to not open the next ones.
Probably still long till it gets translated to that point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyway it would interesting to see what Nagi will do will he use his new god status for good or evil... heh heh He does need to get back at that one girl for twisting his arm and the main girl for ignoring him. Time for some god punishment!
That's what I thought as well when finishing volume 1, hell YEAH! I don't understand that guy, being told he is a god and the 3 girls his servants. After finding out that they are serving only because he is a god, if I were in his place, I'd let them suffer the thorn of a god (only a little cos they're too cute) and make them my love slaves immediately! Later involve the other girls from the island as well and create my own harem paradise, muhahaaa!

O_o let my fantasy a bit loose there ...
Ahem ... soo

My opinion of Umi no Misaki:
Very nice drawing style. Especially scenes of the sea look very pretty and when reading on, every phew pages amaze me. At some scenes, I'm wondering if the background isn't a real picture. The art of the surroundings give off a very realistic feeling and draw myself into the manga, so I can almost grasp the atmosphere at moments. Does the place really exist? Maybe I should go for a visit when I go to Japan once in a while
Also the girls are drawn pretty nice of course

The main protagonist isn't some clueless nerdy guy. He knows what he has gotten into and reacts to that. He isn't clumsy, knows how to cook and can interpret the other girls thoughts. Those are already some major difference from a lot of classic harem manga's, which is very good imho.

What I don't understand, is why Shimuzu acted so cold the second time that Nagi met her at the school. Was it because she was in presence of the other students and felt embarrassed that they'd know that she already had fun fun with Nagi? Since she softened pretty fast after that, I thought she acted weird there. To act a bit distant should have been ok since it's the tradition and all, but deny she knew him goes a bit far isn't it?...

The only thing what bothers me every time, is the constant big blush of the little girl who calls him niinii. It doesn't really matter though but it's annoying to notice it every time she gets in the picture... though that's only a minor detail.

Imho this is one of the better romance manga's that are in progress atm. Looking forward to translation of v03 a lot!

Oh I'm rooting for Shizuru btw, usually like the sweet long haired girls (for example Honoka from Suzuka). Though it looks like Karin will be the one, I only read 2 volumes, 22 chapters so far, so Shizuru's turn still has to come, and usually best things are saved for last and anything can happen
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote