View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 18:53   Link #70
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^Answered wrong quote my mistake
This is the quote i was responding to. I will change it above has an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It's been two years. Others are sure to have joined their ranks by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ The Vice Admirals are next in line for a promotion to admiral status, though. They, too, have had years of battle experience and are all proficient with Haki. Moreover, admiral is a rank you really have to work for, and the VAs we know of have more than proven themselves in that regard.

Keep in mind that we have yet to see the full capabilities of the VAs. Perhaps some of them are bordering on admiral level unbeknownst to us. Onigumo, in particular, has this powerful and commanding presence to him. And his feats/missions (sneaking behind Marco and seastone cuffing him; personally picking up Ace from Impel Down) indicate he's no ordinary VA.
^Fitting the role
Experience is one thing but being able to fill the role is another. None of them are qualified in my view. Especially after seeing what the Admirals did at Marine Ford and Punk Hazard. Even Garp in his old age is stronger then any of the vice Admirals we know of. I don't discount the accomplishment some of the VA's have done but when you compare them to Garp(he passed up the promotion for Admiral couple of times), Sengoku, Akoiji, Kizaru, and Akainu. It give you a perspective of what to expect out of the Admiral Rank.