View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 22:59   Link #815
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yes I am. I am not happy when the cover do not match the content, be that books or other things. Because it seems like the author cannot sell it well in normal means and for the value he/she chose for that creation to represent, and try to deceive the reader or whoever by pretending to be something that it is not.
Oh please. Again, lighten up. It's hardly important how well a shonen manga cover, of all things, matches the story. Have you seen some of the Bleach covers? One of the essences of shonen practically, and they're pure fanservice. But don't claim to know that the author's trying to deceive people with these covers without actual evidence. Besides, you make it sound like people are so dumb they can't read past a cover, or that they'll somehow be crushed that the story isn't as fanservicey as the cover.

Hell, even if she is trying to 'deceive' them, I know what the series is about already so I just enjoy the covers. And you know what the series is about too, so stop worrying about deception and acting all concerned for poor sensitive readers, making it a way bigger deal than it is, and just enjoy the very lovely eye candy as pre-chapter treat.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote