Thread: Licensed K-On! Manga discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 14:43   Link #1676
teja208
Critical fanboy

With A.C. hint, it appears that Kakifly is making indirect reference to anime original part of Season 2 Chapter 11 isn’t he, meaning Sawako might’ve seen Sumire before. Anyway, this chapter’s revelation is what I had been waiting for so long, and it doesn’t fail to impress me. A very well done and memorable chapter for MugixSumire fans.

As for how Sumire’s real identity got exposed, I have to say that it was abrupt which caught me off guard, since I did expected more build up before it happen, but it is understandable since 8 pages maybe too short for that and Kakifly seems to prioritize more on the revelation itself than the building part.

Guess it’s now up to Kyoani to create a more dramatic build up. It is of my opinion that one of Kyoani’s greatest strength in comedy department is building up rather than the execution, most notably K-on!! Episode 10 and 14. Compare and contrast to Oota Masahiko’s directing like first Minami-ke, Mitsudomoe and most recent Yuru Yuri which emphasis more on the impact of execution than the building e.g. at the end of Episode 5 of Yuru Yuri has far greater impact than its manga version. Combining both styles would be an ideal comedy anime for me. Sorry for being a little off topic.

Back to the current chapter, my version Sumire’s exposure is to have one of the character saw her in maid dress while out shopping, and after discussing with the rest, they all agreed to secretly follow Sumire back to the Kotobuki Mansion where they were found out by the SP and being chased as the result. The gang might split up while being chased which gives more opportunity to explore various parts of the mansion beautifully animated by Kyoani. They literally crash into Sumire while running away from the SP and the rest is history. Ohh and to top it off, while they were being chased, there should an insert song Scooby-Doo-like-style if you know what I mean.LOL
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote