Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 21:02   Link #214
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
The original light novels are 3000 (standard size) pages long. The book comes in a special, oversized version that I don't think I've ever seen a fiction book come in before, let alone a light novel. And worse, it's ALL DIALOGUE. So no, I don't think a strict adaptation is really going to work here.

There's a lot they could cut. Most of the scenes with Young Merchant and his currency manipulation could be tossed or described in the background, and they could certainly cut the parts about making the muskets... and training the people to use the muskets. And feeding the people who use the muskets. And the effects of muskets on regional political stability. And the tactics you use when you've got muskets. Or when you're fighting muskets. Or how you can make a better version of the musket and what you can do with that.

Come to think of it, if they cut those two things out and kept Architect student and Minstrel student in the background, they could probably do it in 26.
Speaking of which, did anyone translate the entire light novel series? I found aspects of the first chapters, but beyond that only the mangas offer the rest of the story.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote