View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 23:24   Link #60
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you are taking for granted how important that is. I mean, when you first started playing the game, did you know about the "humour type, mission issues, fighting stuffs, plot direction"? (Well, don't really answer with a spoiler, just in case.) I am assuming you didn't and you just ran with it for a while to see what happened next. And eventually, after having played through a bunch of the game, you came to understand what it was about and things that were a bit confusing at first made more sense. And now, knowing where it all goes, it's meaningful to you. The same thing can happen to anime-only viewers.

Don't be worried if anime-only viewers don't like instantly fall head-over-heels in love with the anime. Give them time. Most people will stick it out because it's Key.

(I am growing a bit tired these days of audiences who get all upset when they watch the first episode of something and it's like not every single one of their questions is perfectly answered and they're slightly confused... and they act like that's a problem. This is a 26-episode anime, and may even have multiple seasons. Things will make sense eventually. Relax! )
It's difficult to respond without spoiler things but I will try... xD

Yeah, when I played the game I didn't know what I'd find, but the game itself, I mean by its VN format like every game of this kind, allows you to advance at your own pace, and undestanding and digesting all of those very unique concepts that this VN has, at your own pace and, of course, the VN it's more complete.
Anime pace it's different, is imposed on you, you need to go understanding all, at an only pace. And that's the basis of my questions, like I previously said. Was this the best way (pace) to introduce LB to new viewers?...
Well... only time will tell us.

Don't worry, I'm really relaxed though just a little curious. I don't give a damn if new fans get hooked to the plot instantly, due to I know, and I'm convinced that this is a really good story.